Show and Tell
The comment is often made with frustration in the teacher's room or during conferences that a student's writing is not focused; they are all
over the place. Often, this is simply because the student has not had the opportunity to have anyone explain to them how to take a broad topic and focus it into something manageable and interesting.
Using the metaphor of focusing a camera, model for students how to take a subject, find a topic within that subject, and finally find a subtopic within the topic to research. Using this metaphor, students easily grasp the concept of taking a broad subject and honing it down to a thoughtful, precise and workable subtopic.
Biology research paper topics can be daunting. There are hundreds or possibly thousands of subjects to write about such as genetics, cancer and microbiology. Within these subjects are various topics. For instance, genetic coding, cancerous tumors or antibiotics might be subtopics for these subjects.
Focus in a tiny bit more and the student will discover subtopics leading to a research paper. For instance, biology research paper topics for these three models might be:
- Genetic Coding in Water Rats Found in Boston Harbor
- Desmoids Tumors in Young Women of Child-bearing Age
- Antibiotic Resistance: Microbiological Warfare Hits the Wall.
If we expect our students to master the art of writing research papers in college or university classrooms, teaching them to look at the development of a subject as being similar to focusing a camera lens from macro to micro exposure is an excellent tool. While biology research topics can still be assigned, demonstrating how these topics were created enables the student to see the process they will be expected to follow in the future.
The Top 23 Unique College Biology Term Paper Topics
All right, so you have been tasked with writing your biology term paper. Congratulations! I don’t envy you. Only joking! Writing your term paper is your chance to demonstrate that you are making good progress in your course and that you understand your module. Coming up with a unique college biology term paper topic can sometimes be a little tricky. However, don’t worry I am hear to provide you with my top 23 topics.
- Anthrax as a bio-chemical weapon. Why is this still a popular choice for those wishing to inflict terror? What further safeguards can be put in place?
- Hormones in pregnancy. Discuss and examine the hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy, particularly in the first trimester.
- Gestation period. Contrast and compare the nine month gestation period within humans, against other mammals. Why is there a difference in time-period?
- Seahorses – Seahorses are rare in the fact that it is the male who carries the fetus. Explore the biological components that make seahorses different.
- Look at the impact of alcohol on the human body over a long period of time, in particular pay attention to the central nervous system.
- Multiple abortions – How does having multiple abortions impact upon a woman’s ability to carry a child to full term in future. Are there any physiological implications?
- Is homosexuality genetic? Yes, this is a controversial topic which makes exploring it all the more interesting.
- Ebola – Is there even the remote possibility that terrorists could get their hands on this and turn into a biological weapon? How can this be prevented? Is enough about Ebola understood?
- What is behind the decline in the otter population worldwide?
- Does drinking moderate to high levels of coffee or coca cola increase your likelihood of getting diabetes?
- What can flies and fleas tell us about evolution?
- Ape to human to what? What is the next stage in the evolutionary cycle?
- Understanding Bipolar. Look at the biology behind it.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- How does the color of flowers affect their ability to pollinate?
- Poikilothermic body temperatures versus Homeothermic in mammals
- Why do rodents spread disease and virus so quickly?
- Explore the biology behind a frog’s ability to jump.
- The cellular reproduction of DNA
- Human cloning. Will we ever get to a point where scientific merits outweigh moral concerns?
- The effects of acid rain on the general population. Pay particular attention to the impact on parts of the USA.
- Explore the El Nino effect and how this can impact upon agriculture
- The biological rather than moral implications of having a child with your first cousin.
I hope you have found my list of unique biology college term paper topics useful!
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on firstname.lastname@example.org and get an answer promptly.