Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Music Teacher Cover Letter
Music Teachers instruct students in music theory and practice, in schools or privately. Oftentimes, Music Teachers work as directors for bands or choirs. Duties Music Teachers are usually required to perform include: teaching lessons, training students, providing instruction about musical instruments, teaching students how to sing or play instruments, creating lesson plans, developing educational programs, collaborating with other teachers, encouraging students who have musical talent to complete musical studies, and preparing students for performances.
A successful sample cover letter for Music Teacher should highlight the following qualifications:
- Musical abilities
- Teaching skills
- Patience and perseverance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional ethics
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving orientation
- Flexibility and an interest in multiple music styles
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent stage presence
Below are presented some Music Teacher skills in a typical cover letter for this position.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Music Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Rivera:
Upon consideration of your posting for a Music Teacher, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your review. As an accomplished music instructor and conductor with more than 11 years of experience instructing students in instrumentation and general music theory, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of the your school’s objectives.
My experience lies in teaching comprehensive music lessons to middle and high school students while cultivating an environment that stimulates increasing and ongoing music appreciation. As a fervent advocate of public school music education, I possess a keen ability to coach and mentor students to successfully pursue various music-related opportunities. Along with my teaching accomplishments, I have also held prestigious professional positions, including a nine-year appointment as Music Director of the Light City Symphony Orchestra and a six-summer appointment as Music Director for the Bloomington Music Festival.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Incorporating subject expertise and vast musical repertoire into highly informative and energizing courses, supplementing in-class experiences with field trips, tours, and guest speakers.
- Developing and leading school bands in activities including routine practices, sports events, and school concerts.
- Detecting, uncovering, and encouraging music talent in students from diverse backgrounds.
- Writing and teaching lessons, assigning and grading homework, and monitoring student progress.
With my proven track record of exceptional teaching and conducting accomplishments, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in detail. Thank you for your consideration.
James J. Vance